The Asthma Foundation of Tasmania (AFT) takes your privacy seriously.
- How we collect and handle your personal information
- Who we exchange your personal information with
- How you can access and correct your personal information
Collecting personal information
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The types of personal information we may collect include, but are not limited to:
- Contact details and other details (i.e. address, phone number/s, email address)
- Banking and payment details including tax file numbers, ABN, bank account and credit card information and any other information required by us to sell online products, accept donations and membership fees.
- Corporate details including company name, ABN and any other information required for us to engage in a corporate partnership relationship with you.
- Volunteering details including your resume and any other information required for us to approve you as an AFT volunteer.
- Any information required for security and screening purposes (e.g. drivers licence or National Police check)
- Any correspondence between you and AFT and
- Any other personal information provided to us when you make an inquiry, request information, respond to marketing or lodge a complaint
Sensitive information is subject to stricter controls. We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent. Sensitive information includes health and medical history.
The Asthma Foundation of Tasmania uses external suppliers to provide raffles and games of chance to support our functions and aims. Please see the privacy and other conditions upon which those services are provided at https://payment.asthmatas.org.au/support/raffle.php.
How do we collect personal information?
- Where possible, we will always try to collect personal information directly from you (e.g. when you request information, contact or deal with us through our website or contact us by telephone, correspond with us in writing or meet with us in person).
- We may also obtain personal information from third parties that deal with us.
Whenever it is lawful and practicable, you will have the option of not identifying yourself when dealing with us. For example, general access to our website does not and general queries do not require you to disclose personal information about yourself. However, there are parts of our website where we may need to collect personal information from you for a specific purpose e.g. to provide you with certain information or publications you request or to process transactions.
Use and Disclosure
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We collect, use and disclose your personal information to enable us to provide services, products and information, to assist individuals and health care professionals in their understanding, involvement with and support of asthma and linked conditions and to otherwise carry out our functions and activities. In particular we may collect, use and disclose your personal information in order to:
- Respond to your requests.
- Provide you with services, products and information requested.
- Enable you to make a donation, make a bequest or purchase a product.
- Communicate with you during the course of your relationship with us.
- Administer, support, improve and develop our organisation and services.
- Update and maintain our records.
- Any other purpose which relates to or arises out of a request made by you.
- To process and respond to your complaint
- To do anything which you authorise or consent to us doing and
- Take any action we are required or authorised by law to take.
AFT will not sell, trade or rent personal information we hold about you to unaffiliated third parties without your prior consent.
AFT does not disclose personal information to overseas entities.
Security of personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from interference, loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may store your personal information in different forms, including in hard copy and electronic form. We have established policies, procedures and systems to keep your personal information secure, including but not limited to password protection and securing physical storage arrangements.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Correcting your personal information
So that we can carry out our activities and functions, it is important that the personal information we hold about you is complete, accurate and up to date. At any time while we hold your personal information, we may request that you inform us of any changes to your personal information. Alternatively, if you believe that any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading or needs to be corrected or updated, please contact us. Telephone 03 6272 9175, Fax 03 6272 3613, email email@example.com or in writing to PO Box 609, Moonah Tas 7009.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, you may request that we associate with the information a statement that the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete irrelevant or misleading.
Accessing your personal information
You may also request access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using our Contact Details provided below. We will respond to your request for access within a reasonable time, either by giving you access to the personal information requested or by notifying you of our refusal to give access.
Access and correction arrangements generally
- We may require you to submit your request in writing and require that you verify your identity before we respond to any request.
- We will not charge you an application fee for making a request to access your personal information or for requesting any correction to your personal information.
- In certain circumstances we may charge you a fee for providing you with access to your personal information, for example if you make multiple requests for information, the information requested is voluminous or we incur third party costs in providing you with access to your personal information.
- Please note that in certain circumstances, we are permitted by law to refuse to provide you with access to your personal information.
- If we decide not to provide you with access to or correct your personal information, we will provide you with written reasons for our decision and advise you of the further complaint mechanisms available to you.
If you consent to your personal information being used for direct marketing, we may use your personal information to provide you with information about products, fundraising activities, services and promotions.
If you do not wish to receive such information, you can opt-out at any stage. If you decide to opt-out, you will be marked as “Do Not Contact” on AFT’s database to ensure that you do not receive future direct marketing material.
There may be times, however when the law requires us to provide certain information to you (for example health and safety information).
Dealing with AFT Online
When you visit our website, we and or our contractors may collect certain information about your visit. Examples of such information may include:
- Site visit information
We also collect general information about your visit to our website. The information we collect is not used to personally identify you but instead may include your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed and the type of internet browser you use. This information is aggregated and used for the purposes of system administration, to prepare statistics on use of our website and to improve our website’s content.
- Online Payment systems
We use third party payment process providers whose services meet stringent security requirements. Any sensitive/credit information collected is transmitted and protected via Secure Socket Layer technology ("SSL") and HTTPS protocol and then secured in our database. Transactions are protected by encryption technology.
- Login Information
Some functions of the website and other online tools may be subject to specific login credentials before access is gained. This may include forums and health professional related information. We may also collect personal information (including financial details) to facilitate future visits or use of our website.
No transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure and accordingly, we cannot warrant or ensure the security of any information you provide to us over the internet. Please note that you transmit information at your own risk.
Data Security and Retention
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from interference, loss, misuse, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We may store your personal information in different forms, including in hardcopy and electronic form. We have established policies, procedures and systems to keep your personal information secure – including but not limited to password protection and securing physical storage arrangements.
When we no longer require your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy, delete or de-identify your personal information in a secure manner. However, we may sometimes be required by law to retain certain personal information.
Lodging a complaint
If you have a complaint about how we handled your personal information or about any decision to refuse access or correction of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details below. We will request that you lodge your complaint in writing.
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint as soon as possible after receiving your written complaint. We will then investigate the circumstances of your complaint and provide you with a response within a reasonable timeframe.
If you are still not satisfied with how your complaint is handled by us, then you may lodge a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
- Telephone: 1300 363 992 (if calling from outside Australia including Norfolk Island please call: +61 2 9284 9749)
- National Relay Service:
- TTY users phone 133 677 then ask for 1300 363 992
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1300 363 992
- Internet relay users connect to the National Relay Service then ask for 1300 363 992
- Post: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, SYDNEY NSW 2001
- Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint
Our Contact Details
You may contact us on: